Translate

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pumpkin Patch- Is it worth going to???



In the spirit of October I wanted to go to a pumpkin patch this year, but not just any one, I went to the "best pumpkin patch in Illinois"...and it was pretty amazing compared to others I've gone to as a child. I haven't been to a pumpkin patch since I was about 8 years old and that was at a park district and I hated it. I also didn't want to go to one that was just for children, seeing as I'm a full grown adult (that's usually what I tell people). Anyways, I found one that had all sorts of attractions, apple picking (my favorite part), a farmers market, pumpkins, hay ride, corn maze (45 minutes long!) and donuts that taste like the Gods brought them down from heaven (not exaggerating). Overall, it was just beautiful and everyone was super kind and inviting. 
Now you ask where this place was? It was about two hours away from Chicago, in Woodstock. It's definitely a ride there and like 10 tolls, which are always annoying. It's totally worth it though! Being in the city, place like that are just surrounded by buildings and a congestion of people. It's nice to get away from all that. It was also a beautiful day, I actually ended up taking off my jacket because I got hot and if you live in Chicago, that's saying a lot because we all know how cold the weather can get here. If you ever find yourself in Chicago during the fall season, I would recommend taking a trip out there! 
With out further a do...here are some fun pictures i captured!

walking in...


Apple fields which were the best apples I've ever had!






You can't leave a pumpkin patch, and not get on the tractor!

No comments:

Post a Comment