Translate

Monday, October 13, 2014

Trick or Treat

baskets- Micheal s, skeleton lollipops, bats, spiders- Target 

cups, straws, skeleton heads- Micheal s 
rubiks cubes, temporary tattos- party city; stamps-Micheal's

pencils, note pads- Micheal's; vampire teeth-target 

baggies- all from Micheal's


October is finally here! Halloween is by far my favorite holiday, if you count it as one. Thanksgiving, Christmas, 4th of July, New Years, and other holidays are great, but Halloween has a special place in my heart that warms it right up. When the leaves start turning orange and red I know it's time to take out the Halloween decorations and go to all the festivities that Autumn brings us, such as pumpkin patches, pumpkin craving, horror films, long walks in the city because the weather is perfect, and getting dressed up for the last day of October. As a little child, I would sometimes dress up as some odd creatures that I had seen on TV shows or movies I'd watch. Once I was a banshee, which if you haven't studied demons, or previously watched Charmed or Teen Wolf its perfectly fine that you don't know what it is, because my 3rd class didn't know what it was either. But my mother hand made me my odd costume and I went as Banshee to my class party and I don't regret it because Halloween is stepping out of who you are 364 days of the year and just being something different and "cool". It's not only okay to dress up as the weirdest thing you could find but its also okay to watch as many horror films as you please, which by the way makes me extremely happy. The creepier the better! I never really got scared of horror films, so I'm pleased to find new films on Netflix like the "The Shining" or new box office films like "Annabelle" (which if you haven't seen you, don't worry, your not missing much).

&& my yearly tradition apart from all the others I just named, is making treat bags for the children in my life! I love getting supplies and making goody bags for my nephew and nieces and all their friends. I started off just making small ones, like the baggies you get at target and just filled them with a few candies maybe a creepy spider, but since then its grown to baskets filled with home made yummies, all sorts of creepies, variety of candies, and just lots of fun! This year I went to 3 different stores and finally finished gathering all the supplies. I went to Party City, which sadly and surprisingly had the least amount of things to purchase. I did get some temporary tattoos, and Rubik's cubes that I couldn't resist getting. Micheal's was my jackpot, off the top of my head I bought cups, pumpkin straws, some decorative pencils, writing pads, treat bags, lots of different toys to play with, and much more! Lastly target was my last stop on the list, I mostly just got candies and food that I'll put in the baskets (chips and pop). I will definitely try to remember to post of few pictures of the finished product but I might not be able to capture all the goodies!

P.S. if you live in the Chicago area, you must go to the Chicago Film Festival, going on through the 23rd of October. Even if you're not a movie buff its still nice to watch films from other countries and the different creative aspects they have. I went this past Sunday and will be going again this Friday. It's wonderful. You might even get brownie points if you bring your girlfriend or significant other, just saying (;

No comments:

Post a Comment